A huge improvement through the system of interactive surgery thanks to the Innoplan Project
|SWOT Analysis for
|Strengths• This framework allows scalable processing of large medical device data in real-time as well as for getting insights in live and historic data by big data analytics.
• Provides efficient surgical processes by smart data services
• Develops a data-driven way to link and optimise processes and tasks in the operating room area
• Integrate data of medical devices, because they allow to get real-time insights into running processes and tasks.
• Development of a Smart Data Platform, which connects all related data sources and additionally provides solutions for accessing raw data as well as analysed information
|Weaknesses• In the operating room many tasks are not supported with information technology
• Low TRL
• High implementation/ customisation cost
• Low ease of use
|Opportunities• Improvement on monitoring and management of the operating room
• Automatisation of some surgical tasks
• In the whole healthcare area, there is an increasing cost pressure and every gain in efficiency has to be utilised
• Development of a data-driven way to link and optimise processes and tasks in the operating room area
• Many tasks are not supported with information technology
|Threats• The integration on an information or communication level is quite poor.
• In the operating room, many tasks are not supported with information technology
• Economic and medical challenges
• The efficient and intelligent handling of large, often distributed and heterogeneous data sets increasingly determines the scientific and economic competitiveness.