Using the language, tools and norms of the social web for social media PR and crisis response
|SWOT Analysis for
|Strengths• Provides realistic simulations:
a) practice the language, tools and norms of the social web for social media PR and crisis response.
b) Use the Simulator as part of crisis management exercise to see how the teams cope with social media inputs
c) Run a full-blown crisis exercise on a private server
• Extensive cross sector experience, helping some of the world’s biggest organisations to train and test their people and processes
• Combining big agency experience with a highly competitive cost structure.
• Flexible and responsive to the requirements of each client, creating bespoke training session.
|Weaknesses• Primary success factor for crisis communication is the ability to respond fast.|
|Opportunities• Reduces the time it takes for an organization to respond to a crisis: primary success factor for crisis communication is the ability to get the message out fast
• Prepare organisation for crisis and protect organizations reputation: At the height of a crisis, there is no time to develop crisis teams, define policies and processes, train spokespeople, or get multiple documents written and approved
|Threats• Bad crisis PR destroys brands, whereas strong responses protect or even enhance reputation
• Confidentiality: dealing with sensitive information
• Natural disasters
• One of the most challenging aspects of any stressful situation is handling one's own emotions