OPEN ARTFISH stands for Open Approaches, Rules and Techniques for Fisheries statistical monitoring. It is a generic database which estimates the total catch and value by species for sampling schemes of small-scale fisheries.
The toolkit comprises a generic database (OPEN ARTFISH) and a mobile phone application. The toolkit’s primary objective is to facilitate the implementation of cost-effective and sustainable routine data collection, storage and analysis of data, using the appropriate statistical procedure
|SWOT Analysis for
|Strengths• Putting information within reach and supporting the transition to sustainable agriculture
• Strengthening political will and sharing policy expertise.
• Bolstering public-private collaboration to improve smallholder agriculture.
• Bringing knowledge to the field
• Supporting countries prevent and mitigate risks and crisis
|Weaknesses• Low TRL
• Low ease of use
|Opportunities• Achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives
• Some of the world’s highest rates of population growth are predicted to occur in areas that are highly dependent on the agriculture sector (crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries) and have high rates of food insecurity
• Reducing rural poverty
|Threats• High rates of food insecurity due to population growth
• Climate change
• Natural disasters