Next Generation of BI and Data Analytics platforms
Gartner assumes that by 2020 modern BI and analytics platform components will deliver smart, governed, search- and visual-based data discovery capabilities. Natural-language generation and artificial intelligence will be a standard feature of 90% of modern BI platforms and organisations that offer users access to a curated catalogue of internal and external data will realise twice the business value from analytics investments than those that do not. Gartner outlined fifteen critical capabilities by a BI and Analytics Platform :
1. BI Platform Administration, Security and Architecture.
2. Cloud BI. (Platform-as-a-service and analytic-application-as-a-service capabilities)
3. Data Source Connectivity and Ingestion.
4. Metadata Management.
5. Self-Contained Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) and Data Storage.
6. Self-Service Data Preparation.
7. Embedded Advanced Analytics.
8. Analytic Dashboards.
9. Interactive Visual Exploration.
10. Smart Data Discovery: Automatically finds, visualises and narrates important findings
11. Mobile Exploration and Authoring.
12. Embedding Analytic Content.
13. Publish, Share and Collaborate on Analytic Content.
14. Platform Capabilities and Workflow.
15. Ease of Use and Visual Appeal.